Tel：+86 546 6853125
Mobile: +86 17854658957
Address：Guangrao, Dongying, Shandong, PRC
How to distinguish silica sol and water glass
Source:DongYing YiMing New Materials Co.,Ltd
Silica sol is a dispersion of nano-scale silicon dioxide particles in water or solvent, which is a colloidal solution, odorless and non-toxic. Silica sol is a dispersion of nano-sized silica particles in water or a solvent. Since SiO2 in silica sol contains a large amount of water and hydroxyl groups, silica sol can also be expressed as SiO2.nH2O.
Water glass is in the state of sodium silicate solution. It is often called water glass in the south,and it is often called sodium silicate in the north. The aqueous solution of sodium silicate is commonly known as water glass, and sodium silicate is a colorless, slightly colored transparent or translucent viscous liquid in a system using water as a dispersant. Solid sodium silicate is a colorless, slightly colored transparent or translucent glass block. The form is divided into three types: liquid, solid and water quenching. Such substances are theoretically called "colloids".
The main uses of silica sol are as follows:
1. Used as a binder for various refractory materials, it has the characteristics of strong cohesive force and high temperature resistance (1500°C-1600°C).
2. Used in the paint industry, it can make the paint firm, and also has the functions of anti-fouling, dust-proof, aging-resistant, and fire-proof.
3. It is used for thin shell precision casting, which can make the shell mold strong and the casting finish high. Its molding quality is better than that of water glass, and replacing ethyl silicate molding can reduce costs and improve operating conditions.
4. Silica sol has a high specific surface area and can be used for catalyst manufacture and catalyst carrier.
5. Used in the paper industry, it can be used as anti-adhesive agent for cellophane, pre-treatment agent for photographic paper, anti-slip agent for cement bags, etc.
6. Used as a sizing agent in the textile industry, it can be used together with an oil agent to treat the spinnability of wool and rabbit hair, reduce broken ends, prevent flying flowers, improve the yield of finished products, and increase economic benefits.
7. Used as silicon steel sheet treatment agent, picture tube dispersant, floor wax anti-skid, etc.
The use of water glass is as follows: in chemical production, it is used to manufacture silica gel, white carbon black, zeolite molecular sieve, sodium metasilicate pentahydrate, silica sol, layer silicon and instant powdered sodium silicate, potassium sodium silicate, etc. Silicate products are the basic raw materials of silicon compounds; in light industry, they are indispensable raw materials for washing powder, soap and other detergents, as well as water softeners and sedimentation aids; in textile industry, they are used for dyeing, bleaching and Sizing; widely used in casting, grinding wheel manufacturing and metal preservatives in the machinery industry; used in the construction industry to manufacture quick-drying cement, acid-resistant cement waterproof oil, soil curing agent, refractory materials, etc.; in agriculture, it can produce silica Fertilizer; also used as silica-alumina catalyst for petroleum catalytic cracking, soap filler, corrugated paper adhesive, metal preservative, water softener, detergent additive, refractory material and ceramic raw material,