Tel：+86 546 6853125
Mobile: +86 17854658957
Address：Guangrao, Dongying, Shandong, PRC
Application characteristics of silica sol in water-based coatings
Source:Dongying Yiming New Materials Co.,ltd
1. Energy saving and environmental protection: Nanoparticles have special optical properties that large particles do not have, and the phenomenon of "blue shift" is common. The spectrophotometer test shows that nanoinorganic silicon particles have strong ultraviolet absorption and infrared reflection characteristics. The absorption rate of ultraviolet light within a wavelength of 400nm is over 70%, and the reflectance of infrared light within a wavelength of400nm is also over 70%. . Added in waterbased paint, it can form a shielding effect on the paint, achieve the purpose of antiultraviolet aging and heat aging, and increase the heat insulation of the paint. Therefore, it has the effect of energy saving and environmental protection
2. Scrub resistance: The scrub resistance of waterbased paints added with nanoinorganic silica sol is greatly improved, especially for interior and exterior wall latex paints, the scrub resistance is increased from about 1,000 times to about 5-7,000 times.
3. Weather resistance: The weather resistance can be increased by about 3 times. Adding a certain amount of inorganic silicon can improve the antiultraviolet aging performance of traditional waterbased coating products from the original 250h (pulverization level 1, discoloration level 2) to 600h (no Chalking, no discoloration of the paint film, and the color difference value is above 4.8). In waterbased coatings for vehicles and ships, adding nanoinorganic silica sol is the key link to improve the finish and antiaging performance of the coating. The strength is doubled, and the weather resistance can reach about 10 years.
4. Stain resistance and selfcleaning property: Studies have shown that the stain resistance and selfcleaning property of the coating film can be improved through the following methods. One is to use the microporous structure of nanoinorganic silicon particles to The surface of the coating film forms an interface structure with complementary geometric shapes
(suchas convex and concave) in the nanoscale range, sothat it can absorb air and be on the surface
Form a stable gas barrier film; the second is to treat the surface of nanoinorganic silicon particles to make the surface amphiphilic or amphiphobic, thereby effectively improving the wetting of rainwater on the surface of architectural coatings and the adhesion of dust. Improve the stain resistance and self-cleaning ability of the coating film.
5. Transparency: Nano inorganic silica sol can ensure the transparency of water-based nano-modified coatings. The modified nanoinorganic silicon solution can be used to prepare highly wearresistant transparent waterbased coatings, making the wear resistance more than 10 times higher than the original.
6. Thermal stability: In waterbased UV coatings, nanoinorganic silica sol can increase the glass transition temperature of the coating film.
7. High temperature resistance: The product has high temperature resistance, and can withstand high temperatures up to about 1100 degrees.
8. Filmforming properties: due to compound modification with organic matter, the monomer can form a film, and the film-forming quality of water-based coatings added with nano-inorganic silica sol is even better.
After adding nanoinorganic silica sol to waterbased paint raw materials, the existing problems of poor suspension stability, poor thixotropy, and poor finish have also been well resolved; the effect of waterbased paints added with nanoinorganic silica sol has also been significantly improved. Delamination, anti-sag, good construction, strong adhesion.